expert microblading in squamish
Can you guess what has become the hottest new trend in semi-permanent makeup for the brows over the last year? Microblading!
Women all over the nation and the world are taking advantage of this new and safe way to make their brows look full without the hassle of having to apply makeup every morning.
You too can now have expert microblading in Squamish at Sweet Skin Sugar & Brows. Let’s take a look at what microblading involves.
WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Microblading is a manual method of implanting pigment in hair-like strokes in the epidermis to create the look of fuller brows. This form of tattooing is the newest trend in Semi-Permanent Makeup.
The natural-looking results are achieved with a sharp, hand-held blade made up of 7+ microneedles.
Instead of outlining and completely filling in the outline of your brows with color, microblading actually allows for the placement of hair like strokes into the skin.
Whereas traditional tattooing uses needles on a rotary/coil machine to push ink 7 layers deep into the skin, microblading uses a manual blade and only targets 3 layers of skin.
Because the pigment sits so superficially in the skin the strokes are sharp, crisp, and they mimic the look of real hair! Your new brows will last anywhere between 1-3 years depending on the environmental exposure it receives.
why choose a phibrows artist?
Phibrows artists produce great work because they follow a very specific method that is taught to them through a rigorous 6 month training course, which requires the artist to pass 11 levels of mastery to ensure that their methods and their work maintain a very high standard – the Phibrows standard.
Shape of the eyebrows is calculated according to the golden intersection (phi 1.618) and face morphology. The pigment is applied into the surface layer of the dermis using sterilized tools.
The Phibrows method and tools have been meticulously designed and redesigned to aid their trained artists in producing very precise hairstrokes, perfect symmetry, and a beautiful eyebrow shape that goes with the natural shape of their client’s face and bone structure.
Phibrows products have also been tested and designed to ensure the highest quality, to avoid any dangerous heavy metals found in most permanent makeup pigments, and to provide color that stays. Phibrows pigments are also cruelty free.
It is for these reasons and more, that if you want great results with your microblading treatment, it is highly recommended that you seek out a Phibrows artist. Choose wisely!
She specializes in natural looking microblading techniques as well as ombre brows – otherwise known as microshading or powder brows.
She is bloodborne pathogen certified and her studio is inspected and approved with Vancouver Coastal Health. She prides herself on offering a clean, sanitized environment with an emphasis on strict hygiene procedures and uses only disposable single-use tools.
Your safety is important, so choose your microblading artist wisely!
Before & After Care
MICROBLADING IS NOT FOR CLIENTS WHO ARE:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Undergoing chemotherapy (consult with your doctor)
- Viral infections (diseases)
- Had Botox within a 2 week period of appointment
- Had an organ translant
- Have Epilepsy
- Sick with a cold or flu-like virus
- Used Accutane in the past 6 months
- Are taking blood thinners
- Anyone with existing, old permanent makeup on the eyebrows – It is always best to follow up with the original artist. *A pre-consultation is required
MICROBLADING – PRE-APPOINTMENT
When it comes to microblading, you will get much better results when you properly prep. It all starts with a good canvas! The eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive and non-irritated. Here’s how to get your skin ready for the procedure.
- Do not use tanning beds two weeks prior or have sunburned face
- Do not have any type of facial/peel 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol, glycolic acids or other skin thinning products 2 weeks prior to appointment
- Do not work out the day of the procedure
- Do not consume alcohol, caffeine or take blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, niacin – 48 hours before your procedure (this will cause excess bleeding and may affect results)
- Do not take Fish Oil, Vitamin E, or herbal supplements one week prior (natural blood thinners)
- Eyebrow waxing/shaping should be done at least 3 days before the procedure
- Eyebrow tinting should be done at least one week prior to procedure
- Botox should be done 2 weeks before or after the procedure
- You may experience hypersensitivity and more pain around or during your menstrual cycle
- We cannot tattoo over any blemishes, moles or sores around the brow area
- When you come for your consultation, come with your brows drawn in the way you usually would so I can see what you are used to
MICROBLADING – AFTERCARE
Careful aftercare is very important for producing a beautiful and lasting results! It is important to follow these instructions for the 7-10 day period to ensure proper healing and color retention. Results will vary for all individuals and we cannot guarantee your results.
ABSORB – Immediately after procedure – first 30-60 minutes
- Right after procedure – use tissue paper to absorb excess lymph fluid– gently blot area with tissue paper.
WASH – First 7-10 days
- Use a gentle, unscented cleanser (lather up in your hands) and wash your brows morning and night for 7-10 days or until flaking has stopped.
- Make sure you blot the brows completely dry after washing (use tissue). Allow NO WATER to collect on the brows.
- Apply a small amount of aftercare cream provided at night time only – starting day 2. Use a Q-tip to apply after washing – do not over apply product as it may suffocate the skin and interfere with the healing process – the product should be barely noticeable – never apply on a wet skin.
- Oily skin types should avoid the aftercare cream altogether and allow a dry heal process for the 7-10 days.
- Do not use any other creams or products on the brows and avoid exfoliants.
IMPORTANT TIPS – WHAT TO DO:
- Use a fresh, clean pillow case
- Let scabbing fall away on its own – DO NOT pick or scratch!
- Do not tweeze or tint eyebrows for 7 days
- Avoid hot sweaty exercise for 7 days – sweat contains salt and can prematurely fade or alter the color of your brow tattoo – moderate exercise is fine
- Avoid sun exposure or tanning beds for 4 weeks
- Avoid long hot showers for 10 days – limit showers to 5 minutes so that you do not create too much steam. Try to keep your face out of the water. Pat the eyebrows dry immediately after getting out of shower
- Avoid sleeping on your face for 10 days
- Avoid swimming in hot tubs, lakes, swimming pools for 7 days
- Avoid topical sunscreen, makeup and creams and exfoliants on brows for 7 days
- Do not use Vaseline on your tattoo
- Do not use any Retinols, AHA’s or other exfoliants anywhere near the eyebrows, it will fade them prematurely
- Avoid laser light therapy (IPL) around the eyebrows
- Avoid facials or facial massage during the 4 week healing process
- Avoid using Vaseline on the eyebrows
- Avoid makeup, creams, exfoliants on the eyebrows for 10 dayUse SPF 50 or higher (after 10 day healing phase) to protect your brows from fading prematurely
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Mild swelling, itching, light scabbing, light bruising and dry tightness. Aftercare ointments work well for scabbing, tightness and itchiness.
- Too dark and slightly uneven appearance. After 2-7 days the darkness will fade, and once any swelling dissipates unevenness usually disappears.
- Color change or color loss. As the procedure area heals, the color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear in places. The color will return, this is a temporary healing phase as the layer of skin heals over the brows. All color fading can be addressed during the touchup appointment which is why the touchup is recommended. The procedure area has to heal completely before we can address any concerns. Healing will take 4 weeks.
- Touch-ups. We recommend the first touchup no sooner than 4-6 weeks after the first session. A touch-up may be needed 6 months to 1 year after the first touch-up procedure depending on your skin, medications, and sun exposure. Then every 6 months to 1 year to keep them looking fresh and beautiful. Please see prices for touch-up sessions. Do not expect perfect results after the first session. This is a process and some clients may need multiple sessions to achieve the desired results.
LONG TERM CARE:
- THERE ARE NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS – as everyone’s result will vary due to the skin type, lifestyle and the initial 10 day care of your tattoo.
- Use at least SPF 50 to protect your brows, sun exposure will cause fading and alter the color of your tattoo.