Sugaring will become your new favorite form of hair removal! If you sugar consistently after 1-2 years of sugaring, the hair growth will slow down, taking 4-5 weeks to grow back after each service. The first sugaring service is the worst as far as discomfort goes, with a 50% reduction in discomfort by service number 2, and a 50-75% decrease in discomfort by your 3-4 visit. Keeping your visits consistent within 4-6 weeks will guarantee quicker hair reduction and smoother results.
- Thinner & Finer Hair – hair will begin to have smaller more shallow roots, over time the follicle will no longer produce a blood supply, which means hair removal will become more permanent. Look forward to soft outgrowth and no more rough stubble.
- Get Glowing – Sugaring hair removal exfoliates the skin making your skin radiant. Wonderful to brighten tattoos and to remove dry skin cells.
- Reduce Ingrown Hair – No more razor burn, bumps or cuts. 3-4 weeks to grow back, over time its semi-permanent.
- Less Irritation – Enjoy quick recovery time with sugaring, sugar is much gentler than shaving or waxing.
- Contains 100% organic ingredients sugar, lemon juice, and water that’s it! Allergen free ingredients, do check for citrus allergies. Less Painful – Sugar does not stick to live skin cells, and is never heated, if warmed temperatures are below body temp 75-85 degrees farenheit, will never burn the skin.
BEFORE SUGARING CARE
- ALLERGIES, MEDICATIONS, SUPPLEMENTS – Disclose all allergies prior to service during intake. If you are taking any medications including over the counter pain killers like (Advil or Tylenol), you can have adverse reactions to sugaring thinning of the skin, dehydration and bruising. Supplements like vitamin C can thin your blood increasing chances of bruising.
- TOPICAL EXFOLIANTS – Stop use of Retin A, Retinol, Retinoids, AHAs, BHAs, Enzymes, Fruit Acids, Acids, Peels, 7 days prior to service, after acclimation period some sugaring can be done without a break, ask doctor for approval. Faces are particularly susceptible to scabbing or lifting if topical exfoliants have been used right before hair removal.
- HAIR GROWTH – The hair must be at least 1/8 of an inch long or have 1-3 weeks outgrowth to be removed successfully.
- DRY BRUSH OR SCRUB – Scrub with an oil free scrub, 2-4 times a week. Dry brushing is a very effective method to exfoliate the skin. These brushes are available for purchase at the salon.
- NO SUN BATHING – No sun bathing, tanning booths, or spray tanning, 72 hours prior to appointment. We recommend spray tanning 48-72hrs after sugaring.