What is body sugaring?
Body Sugaring is an ancient art of hair removal dating back to the Egyptians. It’s a completely 100% natural, biodegradable paste made from lemon, sugar and water… that’s it!
The water soluble paste is molded onto your skin against the direction of the hair growth, then quickly flicked off in the same direction of the hair growth using a special technique. Your unwanted hair is extracted and dead skin cells are removed. This gentle exfoliation leaves the skin smooth for weeks. Removing the hair in it’s natural direction eliminates breakage, ingrowns and discomfort to the skin. Using slight lukewarm sugar paste, this process is comfortable, sanitary, and skin is free of irritation and sticky residue. Hair can be extracted as short as 1/16 inch. The results are long lasting, leaving you hair free for weeks and with regular maintenance can lead to permanency.
A gentle effective way of removing unwanted body hair, suitable for all areas of the body for both men and women. Ideal for all skin types, hair textures, and skin sensitivities.
Sugaring will become your new favorite form of hair removal! If you sugar consistently, the hair growth will slow down significantly. The first sugaring service is the worst as far as discomfort goes, with a 50% reduction in discomfort by service number 2, and a 50-75% decrease in discomfort by your 3-4 visit. Keeping your visits consistent within 4-6 weeks will guarantee quicker hair reduction and smoother result.
- Thinner & Finer Hair – hair will begin to have smaller more shallow roots, over time the follicle will no longer produce a blood supply, which means hair removal will become more permanent. Look forward to soft outgrowth and no more rough stubble.
- Get Glowing – Sugaring hair removal exfoliates the skin making your skin radiant. Wonderful to brighten tattoos and to remove dry skin cells.
- Reduce Ingrown Hair – No more razor burn, bumps or cuts. 3-4 weeks to grow back, over time its semi-permanent.
- Less Irritation – Enjoy quick recovery time with sugaring, sugar is much gentler than shaving or waxing.
- Contains 100% organic ingredients sugar, lemon juice, and water that’s it! Allergen free ingredients, do check for citrus allergies. Less Painful – Sugar does not stick to live skin cells, and is never heated, if warmed temperatures are below body temp 75-85 degrees farenheit, will never burn the skin.
BEFORE SUGARING CARE
- ALLERGIES, MEDICATIONS, SUPPLEMENTS – Disclose all allergies prior to service during intake. If you are taking any medications including over the counter pain killers like (Advil or Tylenol), you can have adverse reactions to sugaring thinning of the skin, dehydration and bruising. Do not sugar or wax if you are taking ACCUTANE! Supplements like vitamin C can thin your blood increasing chances of bruising.
- TOPICAL EXFOLIANTS – Stop use of Retin A, Retinol, Retinoids, AHAs, BHAs, Enzymes, Fruit Acids, Acids, Peels, 7 days prior to service, after acclimation period some sugaring can be done without a break, ask doctor for approval. Faces are particularly susceptible to scabbing or lifting if topical exfoliants have been used right before hair removal.
- HAIR GROWTH – The hair must be at least 1/8 of an inch long or have 1-3 weeks outgrowth to be removed successfully.
- DRY BRUSH – Dry brushing is a very effective method to exfoliate the skin. These brushes are available for purchase at the salon.
- NO SUN BATHING – No sun bathing, tanning booths, or spray tanning, 72 hours prior to appointment. We recommend spray tanning 48-72hrs after sugaring.